A professional home inspection protects both you and the buyer. It allows both you and the buyer the opportunity to learn about the property’s defects.
A home inspection usually covers the following:
- Plumbing conditions – if there is leakage or clogging
- Roofing conditions – the extent of deterioration, if there is leakage
- Electrical conditions – if there are inadequate circuits or potential fire hazards
- Structural problems – if there are problems with the underlying foundation of your home
- As a seller, the home inspection reports protect you because it establishes the actual condition of the property at the time of sale.